Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chicken Cacciatore



As I rush to prepare dinner while my son takes his 20 minute-a-day nap, I start placing ingredients in my slow cooker so that I can enjoy a nice home cooked meal later in the day. I don’t have much time to make my own chicken stock lately, let alone reduce it to add to this recipe. So I opted for the easy way out. I used the new Knorr Homestyle Stock which you can find at any grocery store beside those cubs of bouillon. They are pretty tasty for something off the shelf. It adds that extra flavour to your dishes to make it a little more special. OK, so most chefs wouldn’t approve of it, but sometimes you have to find short cuts! Make this easy chicken dish which takes less then ten minutes to prepare and ends in a good dinner table conversation.

900g chicken breast, cut into pieces
230g mushrooms, quartered
1 yellow pepper, julienne
1 red pepper, julienne
1 onion, sliced
1 (720ml) bottle/can crushed tomato
1 Knorr chicken home stock
Thyme, a few sprigs
Salt & Pepper to your liking

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and set on high for 4 hours. That is it! You can make pasta or rice to accompany this dish and be sure to have good crusty bread to mop up the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment