Friday, August 17, 2012

Spicy Cheese & Speck Muffins



As a chef, I get inspired by some recipes I see but always start working in my head how I can change it to make it even better, for my taste buds at least :) It seems coconut flour breads allow me to maintain my weight, while wheat bloats me right up to a blimp form. Here is my take from a simple cheese and ham muffin recipe to a spicy muffin with speck and Swiss cheese. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.


3 eggs
30g speck, chopped
60g Swiss cheese, grated
30g coconut flour
2tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp dry thyme
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt and pepper

Beat eggs with oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until there are no lumps. Fold in the cheese, jalapeno and speck. Bake for 20 minutes in pre-heated oven at 200C (400F). This recipe makes 6 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment